Updated: October 2023
Our Security and Privacy Pledge
At Herzer Financial Inc., we have dedicated ourselves to revolutionizing the private lending process and helping investors finance properties in a quick and reliable manner. In that effort, we respect and protect the privacy of those who visit or use our website. When we collect information from you, we want you to know how it is used.
By using our website, you are consenting to the use of information and agreeing to these guidelines and the other Herzer Financial Inc. policies described on our website.
Herzer Financial Inc. does not share your personal information with anyone for their promotional use without your consent.
MEDIA ADVERTISING GUIDELINES
At Herzer Financial Inc., we want you to be comfortable and confident when using our website. Therefore, we would like to share with you the following principles that govern our information practices and other privacy aspects of our website:
We do not make our advertising decisions based on political affiliations or in support of, or against, any political or religious group. We firmly believe in the right of free speech, however, we also believe we have an obligation to ensure our advertising does not appear in content that is detrimental to our brand values.
Herzer Financial Inc. (HERZER FINANCIAL, we, us, or our) recognizes that in the financial services industry there is a critical need of protecting individual data. Therefore, the privacy of personal information is of primary concern for HERZER FINANCIAL.
HERZER FINANCIAL provides what we believe to be reasonable physical, electronic, administrative and procedural safeguards in an effort to preserve the security, integrity, and confidentiality of all personal information collected. These protections include among other things, building security, controlled access to customer files, and technological safeguards such as use of passwords, firewalls, virus prevention, and detection software.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
This Policy covers the information we collect about you to assist us in serving your financial needs, providing you with quality products and services, and satisfying legal and regulatory requirements. You may provide information to us in various ways, such as when you request information about us, our products and services, inquire about job postings, submit applications, forms, and surveys, or send us question, comments, or feedback. The information we collect is both Personal and Non-Personal in nature. Personal Information may include your name, address, age, phone number, social security number, employment information, and financial information. Non-personal information may include data on when you visit and interact with our website or services.
We may share your Personal Information with third parties who assist us in the administration, processing, and servicing of your application and loan, as well as the research, analysis, and reports regarding the use of our websites and services. These third parties may include brokers, title companies, appraisers, insurance companies, underwriting services, processing services, printing companies, software providers, marketing services, and purchasers of loans, among others. We may also disclose information about you, when necessary or required, in legal and arbitration proceedings and to government agencies. We may share, sell, or otherwise disclose information about you in connection with a merger, sale, or other corporate transaction involving us.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We will retain your information for the period of time necessary to satisfy legal and regulatory requirements.
We do not sell, rent, release, disclose, disseminate, make available, transfer, or otherwise communicate orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, your Personal Information to another business or third party for monetary or valuable consideration.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT AND DO NOT TRACK
Right to Know
You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal Information
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Information
- The Personal Information we have collected specifically about you
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected from you (and direct our Service Providers to do the same). There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction;
- Provide services to you;
- Perform a contract between us and you;
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Fix our systems in the case of a bug;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it
Right to Prohibit Sales of Your Information
California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we "sell," defined as Dignified Home Loans sharing personal information with third parties in exchange for valuable consideration.
Note: Herzer Financial does NOT sell consumer information.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Herzer Financial has not sold your Personal information.
We will provide notice to you prior to any change to our "No Sales" policy. In addition, you may proactively prohibit any such future sales of your Personal Information by us, see "Exercising Your Rights" below.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise your specific Right to Know, or your Right to Delete, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by email to email@example.com or by calling us at 916-617-2221.
To exercise your Right to Prohibit the Sales of your Personal Information (including future sales) please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 916-617-2221.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may exercise these rights related to your Personal Information. Such a request must:
• Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
• Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with the specific Personal Information we have if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. We will verify your request(s) by having you provide your name, address and contact information. We will then request additional identification verification to confirm your identity and/or the identity and authority of your authorized representative.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights described above. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not deny you goods or services; charge you different prices or rates for goods or services; provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Categories of Information We Collect
Herzer Financial collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household ("Personal Information").
Specifically, we directly and/or through our website, mobile applications, or other online systems ("Systems") have collected the following categories of Personal Information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Personal unique identifiers (SSN, name, drivers license, passport number)
- Personal information, including contact details, financial information
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, such as sex or marital status
- Purchase or other commercial information
- Biometric information; Geo-location information, Sensory information
- Internet or online information, information regarding interactions with our websites, applications, or advertisements
- Employment or education-related information
- Inferences from drawn from personal information collected
Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified, anonymized or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope (e.g., information covered by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994).
Categories of Sources for Personal Information
Herzer Financial obtains the Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from your communications to us and through the forms you complete and information you provide to request our financial products.
- Indirectly from you. For example, when you navigate through the Systems and such information is collected automatically. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third-party sources. For example, consumer reporting agencies to process and approve your loan application, to verify identity, and to offer you financial products and services of interest to you.
Purposes for Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Systems and related services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account information and to support everyday operations including risk, legal, and compliance requirements.
- To prevent transactional fraud.
- To respond to your customer support requests and/or consumer complaints.
- To personalize your experience using our Systems and related services to deliver content and offerings of interest to you.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Systems, services, databases, related technology assets, and our overall business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our business, our Systems and related services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information.
- To evaluate or conduct a transaction involving some or all of Herzer’s business or assets in which such information is among the assets to be included.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Parties involved in the loan application, underwriting, and financing process.
- Parties who service your account.
- Parties that perform services on Herzer’s behalf.
- Parties specifically authorized by you.
- Herzer’s financing partners, investors, related agents and advisors.
- As required by law.
We may use your Personal Information to communicate with you. We also may provide notifications to you that are required by law. You may not opt out of such services-related and legally required communications. Subject to applicable law, we may provide such notifications to you via email, text message, hard copy, or through conspicuous posting on our website. You can update your account information and profile settings at any time. We may also send you marketing emails, including promotions and new product offerings. You can stop receiving marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of the communications. We make reasonable efforts to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. Furthermore, we may send marketing text messages to your mobile phone if you opt in. Standard message and data rates may apply. You can opt-out of these messages by informing the sender or by emailing us at email@example.com
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
Our websites are intended for use by ages 18 or older. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from minors and minors should not use our websites or our services at any time.
COOKIES AND INTERNET BASED ADVERTISING
We may automatically collect certain types of usage information when you use our website including but not limited to your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol address, bandwidth speed, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies (“Usage Data”).
Some specific examples include:
• We may send one or more cookies a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters to your computer. Cookies uniquely identify your browser and allow us to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the website (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the website, and other actions you take on the website), and allow us to track your usage of the website over time.
• We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the website. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the website, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
• We may employ clear gifs to track users’ online usage patterns of our website or which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
• We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the website. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the website.We generally use Usage Data for user convenience, system administration, and statistical analysis, such as to: (i) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it; (ii) provide customized content and information, including advertising; (iii) monitor the effectiveness of our website; (iv) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and usage patterns; (v) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (vi) enhance our website. Types of Usage Data that qualify as Personal Information will be treated as such under this Policy. If desired, you can often delete or disable cookies through your web browser’s settings, as discussed in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
You can learn more about managing your preferences for ads online through resources made available by the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.aboutads.info/ or via the Network Advertising Initiative at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/. You may also opt out of interest-based advertising on an iOS or Android device by selecting the “Limit Ad Tracking” option in the device’s settings.
This Policy does not govern the practices of third parties, including but not limited to their websites, services, and applications (“Third Party Services”). While we attempt to facilitate access only to those Third Party Services that share our priority for your privacy, we cannot take responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of these Third Party Services. Please consult the privacy policies of these Third Party Services for additional information on their information collection, sharing, and protection practices.
We may modify this Policy from time to time. We will promptly make any changes available at www.Herzer.com/privacy-policy. Changes will be effective as soon as the revised Policy is posted, unless otherwise stated. Your continued use of our website after we post a revised version of this Policy signifies your acceptance.